If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, one of the first decisions you might make is whether to do it yourself or hire a bankruptcy attorney. The truth is simple: you will enjoy many benefits if you work with an attorney. Keep reading to learn about seven of those benefits and then contact The Law Offices of Paul Y. Lee at 888-748-0025 to learn more.
- We Can Stop Creditor Harassment and Other Annoyances Right Away Are you constantly getting calls from creditors? Are they calling you at work? Is your home in foreclosure? Are you dealing with wage garnishments or lawsuits? These are all things that will be stopped as soon as you file for bankruptcy.
- You Will Have a Representative in Bankruptcy Court Have you been to bankruptcy court before? If not, you will appreciate the advantage of having an attorney there with you. If you have filed for bankruptcy before then you will appreciate the fact that you have an attorney this time.
- We Will Be at the 341 Meeting of Creditors Proceeding For many people, this is one of the scariest parts of filing for bankruptcy. Why? Because they do not know what to expect. They do not know what to say or what to do. The good news is that you do not have to know what to do or what to say – let us take the actions and do the talking for you.
- You Will Not Have to Worry about the Gaggle of Forms to Fill Out When you file bankruptcy, you will have to fill out petitions, schedules, and local forms. They will then have to be filed in the right court by certain deadlines. Even a minor error on one of these forms could push your bankruptcy filing back. Let us take care of it for you so you can focus on moving forward with your life.
- We Will Assure You Are Protected by All Relevant California Exemptions There are exemptions in California bankruptcy court and they are there to protect you. However, if they are not applied correctly then they cannot help you. We will ensure that all necessary exemptions are applied correctly.
- You Will Get a Long-Term Plan The goal of bankruptcy is to set yourself up for a positive financial future and bankruptcy is just one part of it. We will plan your bankruptcy to ensure that your assets are protected in the long run.
- You Can Trust the Answers You Get It is normal to have many questions about the process. Yes, you could search for answers on the internet but remember that every state is different, and some courts within the same state are different. What is true for one debtor is not going to be true for you. When you work with The Law Offices of Paul Y. Lee you will get answers to your specific questions. Call us now at 888-748-0025 to get started.